Olivier Latry (Olavsfest)
Cantor of Notre Dame and one of the world's leading organists, Olivier Latry, played a fantastic concert on the Steinmeyer organ during Olavsfest 2021. He was so excited about the cathedral that he wants to come back - this time to play on the Wagner organ.
This time JOHANN-SEBASTIAN BACH is on the program:
* Concerto in C Major BWV 595 (after Prince Johann Ernst de Saxe-Weimar)
* Allein Gott in der Höh sei Her BWV 663
* Allein Gott in der Höh sei Her BWV 711
* Allein Gott in der Höh sei Her BWV 715
* Concerto in C Major, d'après Antonio Vivaldi BWV 594
– Recital. Adagio
* Pastorella BWV 590
* Toccata et Fugue in D minor (Dorienne) BWV 538
It is one of the real masters of the church organ who is returning to Olavsfest. Olivier Latry is described as one of the world's foremost church organists. He has played in the world's most prestigious arenas, such as the Philharmonic in Berlin, the Musikverein in Vienna and Disney Hall in LA. He has made a number of world premieres of organ concertos with orchestra, including "Varjot" by Kaija Saariaho. As an exclusive artist for Deutsche Grammophon, he has made a number of recordings, including Messiaen's complete organ works. He has received a number of honors for his musical work.